If you are considering porting your number, you must be having problems with your previous network service provider. The process to port number has become amazingly easy today, especially with Airtel. With its superfast Internet speeds and useful plans keeping in mind the needs of customers, Airtel can be your new service provider. But what are the benefits of Mobile Number Portability? Before you change to a new operator, you should find out how porting your number can have added benefits. Let us check them out in a glance.
- You keep the same contact number – The best advantage of Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is that you get to port number without actually changing the number. That means while you are switching from one service provider to the other, your number stays the same. This is very useful as you do not need to notify your friends that you have changed your number. Before MNP, customers had no way of keeping the same number and change services. So the norm was to share your numbers with everyone. Also, you might have used your number to register at different places or used it with your bank account. The ability to port number gives you an upper hand in all these cases.
- The porting transaction charge is minimal – The cost for porting your number is taken in the form of a porting transaction charge. It has been fixed at Rs. 19. This is quite affordable. If you want to port your number, you would need to pay just Rs. 19.
- The porting process is pretty simple – If you already know how to port your number, then you must realise how easy it is. The formalities for the process is nominal. All you need to do is send an SMS, followed by filling up the porting form and a customer acquisition form. After Aadhaar verification became prevalent, the process has become digital and as a result, much more convenient. All you need to do is offer your biometrics and offer some information. Most of the details would be taken directly from your Aadhaar.
- The number would be dead for a short while – While switching numbers, your mobile number would be disabled for 2 hours at the most. However, these two hours would be at night from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., so that customers do not have to face problems. The entire process of switching numbers does not take more than 7 days.
- The ability to port numbers keep telecom providers on their toes – Since customers now have the option of opting out from the services of telecom providers, keeping their numbers intact, they are much more probable to change service providers. This will force the network operators to offer better services at the cheapest rates to customers.
These are some of the advantages you will notice while porting your number to Airtel postpaid.